Following the launch of the Binance DEX earlier today, April 23, crypto hardware wallet firm, Ledger announced that users of the Ledger Nano X wallet can now trade on the newly launched decentralized exchange.
Ledger noted in its announcement that adding support for Binance DEX on Ledger Nano S would allow users to enjoy double protection in terms of securing their crypto assets.
For one thing, a decentralized exchange means that the trader stays in charge of their private keys while bringing Ledger Nano S into the fray implies that access to the private keys remains restricted and offline.
How To Use Ledger Nano S on Binance DEX
According to Ledger, Ledger Nano S owners can take the following steps to connect their hardware wallet to the Binance DEX.
- Install the Binance Chain App via Ledger Live
- Visit https://www.binance.org/en/unlock
- Select “Unlock Your Wallet,” then choose Ledger Device from the list of options
- Open the Binance Chain App on the wallet and click on Connect to Ledger
- Select the wallet to be used on Binance DEX
- Enter the provided pin on the app on the Binance unlock page
- Start trading
With Binance’s decentralized exchange only going live today, Ledger has arguably become the first notable hardware wallet to enable support for the platform.
Meanwhile, as Coinfomania reported last month, the French Cybersecurity Agency has certified Ledger’s Nano S device after conducting a test on its ability to secure a user’s cryptocurrency assets.
You can get the Ledger Nano S here.
Your crypto deserves the best security. Get a Ledger hardware wallet for just $79!